Parts Advisor needed
Large new car dealership looking for an experienced Parts Advisor for fast paced environment.
The Parts Advisor is responsible to sell parts to all customers, over the counter, through the shop, or on the phone, or through e-commerce.
- Assist all customers (retail and shop) in selecting required parts in a friendly, professional, and efficient manner
- Inform customers of companion part requirements while ensuring the customer is exposed to the full product line
- Answer incoming phone calls and counter inquiries, providing price quotes and other information as needed
- Inform customers of companion part requirements and specials, and ensures that the customer is exposed to the full product line
- Pull and fill orders from stock
- Notify parts manager of out-of-stock parts or shop materials that need immediate attention
- Notify all necessary parties when special ordered parts have been received
- Pull orders and ensure sure all parts are tagged with customer names and job number
- Follow department policy and instructions on the special ordering of parts, plus S.O. aging
- Follow up on back-ordered parts and replenishes assigned inventory daily
- Maintain a prompt, efficient and timely flow of paperwork
- Makes sure all internal requests for parts are billed on service repair order
- Verifiy will-call and back-order files weekly and returns to vendors, or stocks those items not picked up or required
- Receive payment from retail customers or obtain credit authorization
- Assist outside sales representatives with their orders
- Excellent communication and customer service skills, and able to maintain a professional image and demeanor
- Ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment
- Strong computer & phone skills is required (Internet, MS Outlook)
- Dealertrack systems knowledge is preferred
- Must be at least eighteen years of age
- Must have a valid Driver's License
- Must be able to pass pre-employment screen (background and drug test)
- Must be healthy and be able to lift up to 70 pounds
union benefeits and pension according to local 618 contract.
Candidates are expected to be dependable, persistent, safety conscious, and good problem solvers. Parts advisors should be team players, have good attendance, and be able to listen adhere to the Parts Managers instructions/directions.